Monday, September 27, 2010

Autumn Card For A Man


Love these Autumn colours and thought this would make a good man's card with the darker russet tones and the olive green ribbon.The background is stamped with autumn leaves and one additional leaf is popped with multi dimensional tape. The die for the sentiment (stamped onto watercolour paper and heat embossed) is a Nellie Snellen oval from the Multi series.

As an aside, I'm finding watercolor paper with its extra thickness is great for stamping onto, for die cuts and especially for embossing as it leaves deeper impressions than regular paper. I'll be using it a lot more from now on, although I won't go overboard, as it's more expensive than regular card.

Challenges:
Cards For Men Challenge #20 - Autumn (Closes October 10th)
Squiggle Stamps September Challenge - Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge - Autumn (Closes September 27th)
Stamp Something - Fall Colors (Closes September 30th)

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely card. I love the colours of autumn. The sentiment is very neatly done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for entering my giveaway and for the valuable feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Yvonne :-) the paper is lovely and thr leaf and bow are gorgeous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Yvonne, I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to look at my blog. I hope you will visit again.