Have you heard of the horrendous floods which recently deluged Australia? In the state of Queensland, 75% of the state was affected. This is equivalent to twice the size of Texas or France and Germany put together. Victoria and New South Wales were also hit by flooding. Loss of life, property and livelihoods was devastating.
Help, donations and messages of support from fellow Aussies and from people all over the world has been amazing. Now one Aussie card maker has come up with a unique idea to help those affected say "Thank You" to the generous souls who have rallied to assist.
Simple. Make Thank You cards and send it to her for distribution. What a grand idea... the Power of One.
From The Heart Cards Site
Even if you can't help, I thought you might like to know about this project which reflects the supportive and caring nature of our wonderful papercrafting community. For more, head to the Heart Cards site.
- "HEART CARDS" is a project to give communities that have been affected by devastating events, such as natural disasters; and community groups, a way to say "Thank You" to those who have helped them out in times of need.
- Paper-crafters are asked to make packs of 10 thank you cards or blank cards that will be given to communities and groups.
- "HEART CARDS" will be an ongoing project to create hand made cards for those families who have lost so much.
- Please keep checking back here on our blog to keep up-to-date with our latest card drives.
- Thank you for your interest and for taking part in this VERY worthwhile cause.
Update February 5th:
Since my original post above, a severe cyclone (hurricane) has hit Queensland - lots more hearthbreak. In some cases, whole towns have been virtually wiped out with houses reduced to matchsticks. Plus more terrible floods and bushfires have hit Victoria and now bushfires and homes lost in Western Australia.