Sunday, January 3, 2010

Celebrations and A Blog Hop - Let's Party



This little teddy bear is still in the party mood after Christmas and is off to a birthday party.

We've just had Christmas but New Year and new beginnings are also cause for celebration. I have much to look forward to and celebrate this year.... some big and some small and maybe even an excuse for a party or two.

Charisma Cardz are also celebrating. They're having a big first birthday bash with a fantastic blog hop and lots of candy. It was my first blog hop looking for secret words and it was lots of fun.

Each design team member also has blog candy. Take a look at the yummy blog candy on Sally's blog.

What Do You Think? Any Tips Appreciated
My tripod broke as I was taking the photo, so the photo is a bit wonky and a bit dark. What's the best way you find to take consistent photos for your blog, or do you prefer to scan? Any tips would be most welcome.

I played around with my Spots and Dots cuttlebug folder to do partial embossing.... just for borders. And of course, the teddy got a splish and a splosh with my beloved Twinkling H2O's.

This card is my entry for

Charisma Cardz Celebrations Challenge

Simon Says Stamp - Party Challenge

One Stop Craft Challenge - Something starting with a "B"

(B for bear and B for birthday)

Creative Card Crew Challenge #41 - Anything Goes

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #40 - Party

Cupcake Craft Challenge #71 - A Time For Celebration

Three Clovers Challenge #45 - Celebration

13 comments:

  1. Great card Yvonne, I love the borders you've done & such a cute image.

    Thanks for joining in our blog hop at Charisma. Thanks also for commenting on my blog candy - best of luck!

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Yvonne. Beautiful embossed background and I do love that adorable image. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cute card
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card! The image is so sweet and I love the embossing on the backingpaper!

    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card! Cute image:) Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card.Love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck with the blog hop. Happy New year!!
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, I really like the spotty ribbon you have used and the colours look great. Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC.
    Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at our Charisma Cardz Birthday Blog Hop Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, thanks for joining us this week at OSCC.
    Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, love the sweet bear.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card and image. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! I love the image and how you used the cuttlebug for partial embossing - so clever! As for photographing.. I'm still trying ot figure that out for myself! Good Luck!
    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to look at my blog. I hope you will visit again.